What do I really mean by having integrity…that’s the question here.
This clearly means what you hold up to.
what people around you see you as and your relationship with them,what you are known for,what speaks for you even in your absence, those attribute that just distinguishes you among the crowd.
Your integrity is your value towards life. Don’t just think being educated and having read all the books in life will guarantee you that spot as a man or woman of integrity in people’s eyes.
No it won’t if you are not having anything reasonable apart from those certificate you have got. The essence of having integrity and a good one at that is to create you a class like a icon of your own. This is who you are and what you are known for.
If You want to be known for causing chaos and troubles,or being irrelevant in people's life as the case may be then bravo you have got your own integrity too but just in the bad way.
So how do we relate with people around you without looking pompous or letting off standards…that’s the big question because we all want to keep our integrity intact.
Relating with people can be in various ways:
1. Seeing the reason for every relationship, every talk, every interaction and behaviour.
2. Define the people around you, be conscious of who is who in your circle and know how best to relate with them.
3. Don’t go over blabbing about who you are all the time and then trying to cover up with humility, no it doesn’t work that way.
4. Be positive about your actions at all time, don’t be ignorant of the young ones or people looking up to you as a role model.Trust me they are keeping tabs/records
of your every move.
5. Relating with people is not how pretending you get in being the nice guy or lady, it is how the expression on your face tally with the emotions in your heart.
6. Don’t try to be who you are not and acting up appearances to please people. You just have to rely on being yourself at all time.
The real life doesn’t cause much trouble than the fake one. At then end of the day it make bad of your integrity when these people find out you have been lying all along.
Your integrity is what will speak for you when you are not there.
So today build up your integrity and live a fulfilling life.
Question for my followers and readers:
Do you really practise integrity in all areas of life(work,family,place and society)
Please let me know all your reactions, views and insights in the comment box below!
Kogwuonye Patrick Onyeka
University of Benin