We are blessed to be a blessing to others. Here are some simple ways to challenge yourself to do this:
Intentionally bless three people each week through words, gifts, or actions. Be creative. Here are some ideas:
- Spend some time with a friend who is having a rough week.
2. Help a neighbor with a project or chore using a hobby or personal interest.
3. Host a kid’s movie night with your neigbour and their kids.
4. Drive an elderly or handicapped person to the grocery store or supermarket or church or mosque
5. Listen to someone who is going through a tough time, your listening might change his/her life
6. Pay for someone’s bill at the pump station
7. Have a game night (yard games outside (like football) or board games inside (like ludo, chess, draught)
8. Donate to the less privilege or downtrodden like in kinds or in money.
9. Find a way to make new relationships with the purpose of blessing others.
10. Invite a neighbor or friend to join a personal or family meal.
Here is a question for those reading this articles;
What are some of your favorite ways to be a blessing to those around you?
Kogwuonye Patrick Onyeka
University of Benin